Friday, March 25, 2011

I Still Love Sancerre

2006 Pascal & Nicolas Reverdy Sancerre Les Anges Lots
Five years ago, I tasted a few Sancerres that really changed my view of the sauvignon blanc grape. I couldn't get enough of them. Then, over the past three years or so, I lost some of my love for them. maybe I just got tired of the mediocrity of many Sancerres. And there certainly are some mediocre ones out there, and overpriced. But this Sancerre is phenomenal. The aromas explode with green apple, lemon pie crust and minerals. Right away, the wine hits the palate with a rich, creamy mouthfeel. It then transitions into a zesty, razor beam of acid and minerals. This wine is full of minerals, honeysuckle flowers and lemon curd. This is a gorgeous wine that has improved with age and reminded me of what a good Sancerre can really do.
90 pts


No comments:

Post a Comment