Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Video From My Wine Trip to Languedoc-Roussillon

In January, I spent five days wine tasting my way through the Languedoc-Roussillon region of Southern France. The trip was organized by SudVinBio, an association of organic Languedoc-Roussillon winemakers, and centered around the Millésime Bio Fair in Montpellier.

I was joined by a group of wine writers (including 
Alder Yarrow and W. Blake Gray) and sommeliers from the United States and Canada. We kicked off the trip with two days of vineyard tours in the Roussillon, where I experienced more than my share of the intense and persistent Tramontane winds. After the vineyard tours, we spent a few days at the Bio Fair in Montpellier, a trade show with more 700 organic winemakers from 12 countries.I brought my GoPro camera with me, which I usually use for surfing. But I figured I'd try my hand at some "extreme wine tourism" video. I'm no professional videographer, but I had a lot of fun with this. The video box here is quite small, so for a better picture click the full-screen mode once you play the video.


Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment